Update on AIABPM and the COVID-19 pandemic
I share your concerns about the recent surge due to the omicron variant. My heart goes out to all of my anesthesiology colleagues, first responders and all other healthcare works who are already overworked and are now dealing with yet another crisis.
In many parts of the country, omicron is waning. Case numbers have peaked, and we are also seeing a decline in the number of hospitalized and critical ill patients.
I have just returned from the ASA ADVANCE meeting in Dallas along with many of our speakers, and I was impressed with the health and safety protocols that allowed the live event to proceed safely.
AIABPM 2022 will have a requirement for full vaccination OR a negative COVID test within three days. Here are the details of our health and safety plan
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has a comprehensive health and sanitation plan in place, and the conference is scheduled in several large meeting rooms that allow for adequate social distancing.
- Requirement for full vaccination OR a negative test
- We encourage everyone attending the meeting to be fully vaccinated.
- Only vaccines authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.
An individual is considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), OR
- 2 weeks after a single dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson)
We encourage everyone who qualifies to receive a booster dose (at least six months after the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the Johnson and Johnson vaccine).
We will use the CLEAR HealthPass app to allow you to upload proof of vaccination OR negative test results prior to arriving at the event. Further details about how to download the app and documentation requirements will be coming soon.
Peter Wu, MD MBA FASA
Executive Conference Director